COMPETITION – Do you have a Ken or Beryl in your life?
How would you like the chance to win a health hamper? Well, now you can!
To celebrate the Christmas special of Old People’s Home for 4 Year-Olds we’re running a competition on our Facebook page, so head on over to find out more.
If you have a Ken or Beryl in your life simply post your photo on our Facebook page with the tag #OldPeoplesHome4YO and a comment telling us about the person who’s changed your life? You could win a health hamper!
Our full list of terms and conditions can be found below. This competition is run by the ExtraCare Charitable Trust and is not administered by Channel 4 or CPL Productions.
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter of this competition is The ExtraCare Charitable Trust whose registered address is 7 Harry Weston Road, Binley Business Park, Binley, Coventry CV3 2SN (hereinafter referred to as “ExtraCare”, “us” or the “promoter”).
- Participants must be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK.
- No purchase or donation is necessary to take part in this competition.
- To enter the prize draw you should post an image of yourself and your friend or relative on our Facebook page with the tag: #OldPeoplesHome4YO
- When submitting a third party’s personal information or photograph to enter into this Competition, you must ensure that the person whose details/ photograph you submit has given their consent for you to provide us with their details/photograph and if such person is a child, you must ensure parental consent has been obtained. You warrant that you are a person in the photograph and you have obtained the above required consent from anyone else in the photograph or whose details you share and agree to indemnify the promoter for any losses or any damages arising should this not be the case.
- Participants must enter by midnight (GMT) on Sunday 16th December 2018 as winners will be selected on Monday 17th December 2018. No further entries will be permitted after midnight (GMT) on Sunday 16th December 2018. Entrants from the UK only.
- The winner will receive a health hamper by post.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize winner in connection with or arising out of this Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider.
- The winner will be notified within 48 hours of the midnight deadline – this communication must then be acknowledged by the winner within 48 hours. Failure to do so will mean an alternative winner is selected from all valid entries received.
- Employees of The ExtraCare Charitable Trust and their immediate families, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this prize draw are not entitled to participate.
- An independent person, selected by ExtraCare, will randomly select the winners within 24 hours after the midnight deadline, from all valid and correct entries received.
- Only one entry per person.
- Proof of sending is not proof of receipt and the promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non-receipt or the late receipt of entries due to network failure. No applications from third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
- By entering our Competition all entrants agree to:
a. assign to ExtraCare all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and their publicity materials in all media as far as permitted by law and whether in existence now or created in the future;
b. agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against ExtraCare, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
c. undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
d. Confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
- By entering, you agree to allow ExtraCare to use the images and information you publish for ExtraCare’s business and marketing purposes including, but not limited to the publishing of the winning images in the promotion of the competition results on the ExtraCare Facebook page and website.
- The judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend any elements of this competition due to events beyond its control.
- This competition/promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, CPL or Channel 4.
- The name and region of the winner may be requested and obtained by writing to the following address: The ExtraCare Charitable Trust, 7 Harry Weston Road, Binley Business Park, Binley, Coventry CV3 2SN.
- A failure by ExtraCare to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of ExtraCare’s rights in relation to the same.
- These General Terms (and any specific terms further provided to entrants) shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering this competition, all entrants accept the rules set out above and agree to be bound by them.
- By entering the competition you ExtraCare with personal data, including your name, photographic entry and potentially, the personal data of any other person accompanying you in any photograph. The ExtraCare Charitable Trust is the ‘data controller’ of this information and will use this personal data solely for the purposes set out below.
- The ExtraCare Charitable Trust processes your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests as a charitable organisation to engage audiences and contributors.
- If you are unsuccessful, The ExtraCare Charitable Trust will not retain your data after the competition closes but any posts shared from your social media account to ours will remain on our Facebook profile.
- If you are shortlisted or successful in winning the competition, The ExtraCare Charitable Trust will retain your data indefinitely and any posts shared from your social media account to ours for the completion purposes will remain on our profile and may be used for the charity’s publicity.
- Data protection laws give you certain rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of your personal of data, restriction of its processing and object to processing.
- We protect your details in many different ways, including staff training, investing in technology and following strict handling and storing procedures.
- If you have any questions about how The ExtraCare Charitable Trust handles your personal information, or if you wish to contact The ExtraCare Charitable Trust to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find more details about how personal data is processed at ExtraCare here.
New Chief Executive Joins The ExtraCare Charitable Trust
ExtraCare has welcomed Mick Laverty to his new role as chief executive.
Planning permission granted for Bournville retirement cottages
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust has been granted planning permission to build 16 cottages as part of Bournville Gardens, the Charity’s fourth retirement village in Birmingham.