Volunteer With Us
We need more people just like you to help us make a difference to the lives of older people.
Volunteering is at the heart of what we do; we rely on the support of thousands of valued volunteers, from our Board of Trustees to those who give their time and skills in our villages, schemes and charity shops. Our volunteers play a key part in helping us to create better lives for older people.
The Volunteer roles within ExtraCare are as diverse and fulfilling as our Volunteers' interests and skills, and the list of opportunities is constantly evolving. They include:
- helping in our charity shops
- supporting users of our gyms
- helping in the village bars of cafés
- getting involved in Fundraising* activities and events
- supporting our Well-being programme*
- befriending residents who are isolated
- running activities, events of classes
- plus many more...
In addition to the positive impact that volunteers have on our communities, there are lots of benefits to joining our team:
- you can make a difference to our residents' lives by getting involved in our inspirational communities and helping to raise vital funds in our charity shops
- you can gain skills and experience to enhance your CV or help you to progress into paid work or further education
- you can enjoy the health and wellbeing benefits associated with volunteering
- you can meet people and make new friends
As an ExtraCare volunteer you will be:
- fully trained and inducted (we may also require you to have a DBS check depending on which role you are interested in, but we will organise this)
- fully covered by our insurance
- reimbursed for your expenses
- well supported by your local Volunteer Organiser of ExtraCare staff member in your day to day role and highly valued by staff and residents alike
Whether you can give an hour a day, or an hour every few months, you can make a difference.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss volunteering further, please contact Cat Boffy on 02476 506011 / [email protected], or Emma Cartwright on 02476 507903 / [email protected]