Title: Resident Support Worker
Location: All Locations
Responsible to: Scheme/Village Manager
This is a summary of the job role.
Overall Aim of the job: To be aware of the philosophy and general policy of The ExtraCare CharitableTrust, and to be committed to its aims and objectives within the Scheme/Village. To ensure the provision of the day to day assistance to the frail elderly residents with due respect for their individual needs and independence.
Night staff: To ensurethe provision of the night care assistance to the residents who are in need.
• To provide all aspects of personal care to residents in accordance withtheir individual needs
• To promote the physical , emotional and intellectual well being of eachresident in all aspects of personal care, e.g. dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance where necessary and administration of medicine
• To encourage each resident to be as independent as possible in allaspects of living
• To assist in the provision of day care/night care facilities
• To work closely with family, friends and volunteers for the general wellbeing of the resident
• To assist with day to day housekeeping and laundryduties.Provide a personalised housing related support service to older people with anassessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible
The service must be outcome based with 5 key objectives.
Training: Complete all statutory and mandatory training required to carry out this post, as prescribed by ExtraCare. Develop a good understanding of policies and procedures which must be adhered to at all times.
This post is subject to receipt of a satisfactory medical clearance, DBS disclosure, two written references, and Home Office right to work clearance.