Location: Villages (housing schemes if applicable)
Responsible to: Village Manager
This is a summary of the job role
To welcome all visitors into the Scheme / Village, answer telephone enquiries promptly, oversee that car park regulations are kept, update all notice boards and plasma screens, key supervision, room management, weekly fire and warden call tests.
Reception and Visitors:
• To receive / greet all visitors, ask callers to sign in the Visitors Book and issue with a Visitors Pass.
• To inform visitors of the procedures in the event of emergencies
• To notify the appropriate members of staff that a visitor has arrived
• To make inspections on all reception areas, keep the reception area tidy and to report any housekeeping shortfalls to the Housekeeper
• Make tea or coffee for visitors if required
• To provide a professional telephone service ensuring a professional and timely service. Night service telephones should not be instigated before 5.00 pm
• To transfer calls or take comprehensive messages for other members of staff, and to ensure they are passed on.
• To help provide a typing and photocopying service, in conjunction with the Administration Team as required.
• To set up systems to manage and keep accurate records of meeting room bookings
• To sort and distribute all incoming external / internal post and faxes. To register all incoming cheques
• To regularly access emails forward incoming emails to relevant team
• Ensure all information that staff or visitors covering reception will need is to hand and they are trained in where to access information that may be required
• To prepare and frank all outgoing post, ready for collection by 4.00 p.m. To ensure stamps are held in stock and order additional supply when necessary
• In conjunction with the Administrator, order stationery on a weekly basis, ensuring the stationery cupboard is fully supplied and kept tidy. Order headed paper, compliment slips, purchase order books and accident books. Cross check all invoices received for all stationery orders
• Ensure photocopier paper drawers are kept fully stocked, and order toner supply when necessary
• To order taxis on behalf of visitors, residents and staff
• Be responsible for training and guiding residents, volunteers or others to provide a competent service both alongside and in the absence of the receptionist
• Your main area of work will be the reception area. However, you may be required to carry out any other tasks or duties or to work in other areas from time to time or as directed by your Manager
• You should be computer literate and have full understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook
This post is subject to satisfactory medical clearance, DBS disclosure, two satisfactory written references, and Home Office right to work clearance.