Title: Personnel Support Assistant
Location: All Schemes/Villages
Responsible to: Team Leaders
This is a summary of the job description.
Overall Aim of the Job: To be aware of the philosophy and general policy of The ExtraCare Charitable Trust, and to be committed to its aims and objectives within the Scheme/Village.
To ensure the provision of the day to day assistance to frail elderly residents with due respect for their individual needs and independence.
Night staff: To ensure the provision of the night care assistance to residents who are in need.
• To provide all aspects of personal care to residents in accordance with their individual needs
• To promote the physical, emotional and intellectual well-being of eachresident in all aspects of personal care, e.g. dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance where necessary and administration of medicine
• To encourage each resident to be as independent as possible in all aspects of living
• To assist in the provision of day care/night care facilities
• To work closely with family, friends and volunteers for the general well-being of the resident
• To assist with day to day housekeeping and laundry duties. Provide a personalised housing related support service to older people with an assessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible
The service must be outcome based with 5 key objectives to enable people to:
- achieve economic well-being
- be healthy
- stay safe
- enjoy and achieve
- make a positive contribution
Training: Complete all statutory and mandatory training required to carry out this post, as prescribed by ExtraCare. Develop a good understanding of policies and procedures which must be adhered to at all times.
This post is subject to receipt of a satisfactory medical clearance, DBS disclosure, two written references, and Home Office right to work clearance.