Location: Various Locations
Responsible to: Scheme / Village Manager or Head of Support
This is a summary of the job role
Overall Aim of the job:
The Locksmith® is named to describe a role that finds the key, unlocks people's potential and unpicks issues in their present experience of life. As a Locksmith® you will be an essential member of the Scheme / Villages Management Team with specific responsibilities relating to the psychological, spiritual, social and recreational well-being of the individuals who experience dementia or other mental health issues, who are vulnerable to the risk of exclusion and isolation within the scheme / village.
• Receive referrals from the scheme / village regarding people who have been identified as experiencing impairments that disable them from living independent, integrated and fulfilling lives and in the community
• Meet and develop a professional relationship to assess the needs and benefits of receiving Enriched Opportunities Programme® full individual assessment / profiling
• If EOP® individual assessment / profiling is not considered to be appropriate ensure communication and where identified referral to appropriate services
• Effectively communicate information, occupation and intervention through written and verbal and behavioural means
• Maintain effective records to illustrate the persons journey through the EOP®, develop detailed person centred support plans • Undertake thorough and complete risk assessment to minimise the risk to people enjoying independent and fulfilling lives despite their impairments
• Develop implement and maintain a range of activities for both individuals and groups
• Attend meetings both internal and external to receive and impart professional information as appropriate Training
• To develop a training programme, with central training team support, for staff and volunteers
• To attend EOP® training and development sessions and workshops • To attend all statutory training and update as per ExtraCare's policy
• To undertake / lead practical and theoretical training regarding the EOP® and enriched activities for all staff and volunteers within scheme / village
• Maintain records in an accurate and professional manner
• To undertake quality quests / bench marking, internally and externally
• This job description is not exhaustive and may continue to develop along with the role of Locksmith® and needs of the service.
Any other duties as allocated.
This post is subject to a satisfactory medical clearance, DBS disclosure, two written references and Home Office right to work clearance.