Title: Care Co-ordinator
Location: Retirement Villages
Responsible to: Care Manager/ Head of Care
Overall Aim of the Job
To deliver the vision, mission and values working in line with the Quality Care Delivery Manual and all Policies and Procedures of The ExtraCare Charitable Trust. To be committed to its aims and objectives whilst delivering an Excellent Customer Service Experience.
To maintain continuity of care and support to Residents within the Village to ensure efficiency and reliability of all visits to residents, maximising the care income and working within the care staffing structure. To provide administration services to enable the Care Manager and Care Supervisors/ Team Leaders to deliver a high quality service.
- To effectively operate an electronic call scheduling system e.g. CM2000 and generate reports as required
- Ensure there are adequate numbers of trained care staff available to meet the assessed needs of the residents and where there are shortfalls identified, to follow ExtraCare’s recruitment policy, ensuring all applicant paperwork is processed in line with ExtraCare and Statutory requirements, and is signed where appropriate.
- Checking of all ID documents against application paperwork
- Checking of Rights to work in the UK/Work Permit/Visa/Home Office documents including Nurses PIN Number where applicable
- Arrange the induction for new starters and rota the buddy identified by the Care Supervisor/ Team Leaders and ensure the Care Supervisors/ Team Leaders are aware of their responsibilities for induction and on going training and development
- Maintaining a matrix of one to one supervision meetings
- Registering all staff for NVQ/ QCF as appropriate to ExtraCare policy
- Assigning PSA/ RSW to Residents and other service users on a permanent basis, if applicable.
- Preparing staff rotas to match staffing to contracted service provision
- Maintaining all visit schedules to ensure all service user’s calls are accommodated as per their up to date care plan and with the relevant resources
- Covering the rota to take account of all absences including sickness, holidays, training and TOIL
- Ensuring that all emergency calls are assigned
- Monitoring absence and ensuring all back to work paperwork is completed by the Care Supervisor/Team Leader. Alerting the Care Manager/ Head of Care of any periods of absence that trigger the sickness and absence procedure.
- Monitoring holiday and other leave approval to prevent clashes/ understaffing
- Manning the office and deal with all enquiries ensuring they are directed promptly and appropriately to the right person
- Liaising with and providing support to Care Supervisors/ Team Leaders
- Maintaining a visual matrix to ensure that all care plans, risk assessments, reviews, medication audits and other audits are all up to date, and alerting the Care Manager/ Head Of Care of any missed deadlines in order that these can be actioned.
- Ensuring all care delivery monitoring visits occur as per schedule and monitoring forms, when fully completed and signed are filed.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of CQC fundamental standards, safeguarding and service levels to support the Manager, Head of Care or Care Manager in the event of an inspection.
- Responsible for all data input in the IT system
- Ensuring that all service users’ paper and electronic records are kept up-to-date
- Monitor the in house IT system for missed calls and inform the Care Supervisor/ Team Leader to take appropriate action
- Completion of the weekly Staff Time Analysis (STA) for all care staff and resolving any subsequent pay queries
- Ensuring all paperwork is complete for resident discharges and hospital discharges and forwarded to the relevant Head Office team in a timely manner
- Ordering PPE and making clinical waste arrangements where necessary, ensuring budget expenditure is on target
- Assisting Care Manager/ Head of Care to set up monthly meetings as appropriate for health professionals and other partners.
- Maintaining a matrix of pendants and emergency alarm usage
- Preparing of reports as required, such as monthly a report to compare staff hours utilised to the care income to ensure there is no shortfall
- With the Village Administrator ensure that all Personnel files or Residents records are accurate, hold relevant information and are secured in a lockable cabinet with access limited to authorised persons only – Manager, Care Manager, Head of Care and Administrator
- Review the training grid and organise training to ensure the village is operating to the organisational KPI for statutory and mandatory training (100%) (face to face or via e-learning as required). Care Manager/Care Supervisors to be made aware of training requirements for their staff team and to action non attendance
Health and Safety
To take responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety in your location ensuring ExtraCare’s Health and Safety Policies and Requirements are fully implemented, monitored and adhered to at all times by all staff, including EHO requirements and COSHH regulations and to be alert for hazards for self, other staff, residents and visitors and to report such findings immediately.
To be fully responsible, conversant, and compliant with all ExtraCare’s policies and procedures and the Quality Care Delivery Manual, ensuring they are communicated to all staff along with any changes which may be implemented from time to time. To ensure that all staff comply with any policies and procedures in place, at all times.
All staff are required to work Christmas, New Year and Bank holidays as allocated.
Must be willing and able to travel to other Villages, Schemes or Head Office for the purpose of training, development or for assistance as required.
To train the Administrator in key tasks that have to be completed in Care Co-ordinator’s absence.
Any other tasks, duties or responsibilities that may be required from time to time, and necessary for the effective running of the service.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
This job description will be reviewed annually.