Coronavirus (Covid-19) advice and information before visiting our locations
This page will be reviewed and updated regularly. Please check this website again before you visit our locations as things are changing very quickly.
Page updated on 04/04/2020 10:00
The COVID-19 situation is a fast changing one and, at ExtraCare, our first concern is always for the safety of our residents, staff and volunteers. We are therefore taking the following steps to protect our retirement communities, and we ask for your support and co-operation:
From 2pm on Monday 23rd March 2020:
- We will no longer be allowing visitors in to locations, with the exception of emergency services, external care providers or NHS professionals delivering essential care (by express agreement of the Location Manager/Care Manager/Head of Care).
- We will be asking residents to remain on site. This means that they should not go beyond the grounds of the location unless in emergency circumstances. We are also strongly encouraging residents to observe social distancing within the location.
- We will no longer be allowing external volunteers in to locations, although they can be deployed to offer remote / external services such as delivering groceries to the front door of a location.
- Location facilities: Our shops and communal computer areas remain open for residents. The café, bar and restaurant in our Villages will be open for take away services to residents only until further notice. Food and beverages can be taken away by residents but not consumed in the café, bar or restaurant areas and they are asked to respect social distancing when queuing. Opening times and menus may be restricted at local discretion. Outside of the opening hours, all hospitality seating areas will be closed to residents to prevent social gathering, and therefore protect both residents and staff. Hairdressers, beauticians and gyms are now closed until further notice.
- Activities will remain available to residents, providing that social distancing is observed. However, no external acts, teachers, or other facilitators will be allowed in the building. We have created ExtraLife online, a virtual village on Facebook where residents can find exercises, activities, health advice and stay connected.
- Day centres and social clubs are now closed where we have them.
- If you are involved in any of our intergenerational activities, you should have been informed that these have been cancelled for now.
- No delivery staff are to enter the building, apart from Royal Mail postal workers and Pharmacy staff who will be allowed to deliver to residents’ apartments. Systems for the delivery and collection of food beyond the front door of the location will be managed locally.
- Contractors will only be allowed on site if delivering emergency repairs and life critical servicing. We will only be able to complete emergency repairs. These should be reported in the usual way.
- There will be a Management presence at the weekends.
- Future and potential residents: If you have arranged to move in to one of our locations, your move-in can continue at this stage (if it is possible with regard to the Prime Minister’s latest announcements). However, if you are currently self-isolating or have been in contact with anyone who has been tested positively, we insist that you let us know, so we can make the necessary arrangements. The health and welfare of our residents remain our priority. Due to the fast-moving COVID-19 situation, we will be temporarily suspending all appointments to view our homes for sale and let. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we thank you for your patience.
Additional restrictions at some locations
In some of our retirement communities, we have put in place additional measures. We have done so because we have residents with suspected symptoms and/or an official diagnosis. These measures are aimed at restricting the spread of any virus within the location. Additional measures are currently in place in the following locations:
- Hagley Road Village: We request that residents remain in their apartments at all times. Updated 30/03/2020.
- New Oscott Village: We request that residents remain in their apartments at all times. Updated 01/04/2020.
- Stoke Gifford Retirement Village: We request that residents remain in their apartments at all times. Updated 04/04/2020.
- Yates Court: We request that residents remain in their apartments at all times. Updated 26/03/2020.
Thank you for your consideration of the steps we are taking which will help keep our communities safe and well.
We will keep you updated as national guidance and our own procedures adapt to the changing circumstances associated with the virus. Please be assured care and catering services will continue to be provided.
Thank you for your support.