Our Charity is the UK's leading developer of affordable retirement villages for older people in need, with more than 25 years' experience of creating and operating supported housing for older people. Our target is to open three new Villages every 24 months.
Whether you are a landowner, agent or just someone with knowledge of a property development opportunity, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we work with
We work with a range of partners to make our pioneering retirement villages a reality. These include:
- Land owners
- House builders - where we can provide the S106 requirement for affordable housing
- Social Landlords or other partners who may want to work on a joint venture basis
- Local Authorities and NHS
Our preferred locations are:
- Urban areas, ideally - not rural, with an 80,000-plus population within a five mile radius
- Local house prices at or above national average
- Close to town/city centres, nearby local shops and amenities
- Within easy reach of public transport
We are looking for sites with the following criteria:
- The right size - at least three acres of developable land
- Available on a freehold or long lease basis
- Ideally fairly level topographically
- Parking and amenity space
- Mixed use sites, with the exception of B2 and B8
Typical Site Opportunities
- Commercially owned sites restricted by planning (ExtraCare's Villages are typically C2)
- Housing sites where ExtraCare can provide the affordable housing
- NHS hospital sites
- School closure sites
In addition to providing inspirational new communities which improve the lives and health of older people in the local area, ExtraCare Villages deliver a number of extra benefits to their local communities:
- They create £30-£50m total regeneration projects, providing jobs, improved local services and community resources
- They create high-volume, high-quality private housing and affordable housing
- They release family housing back into the local market
- They provide facilities and services which may be used by older people living in the local community
ExtraCare's inspirational model for housing, health and lifestyle is increasingly acclaimed. In 2015, the Charity won the LaingBuisson National Healthcare Outcomes Award and the Innovation of the Year Award at the CIH Midlands Awards.
For more information, please contact the Development Team
Lee Wheeler: firstname.lastname@example.org 07966 792809
Hardev Thandy: email@example.com 07770 801639
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust - Procurement and Selling to the Charity
If you are interested in potential supply opportunities with The ExtraCare Charitable Trust, please visit https://in-tendhost.co.uk/extracare. This is the e-tendering website by which The ExtraCare Charitable Trust advertises all tender opportunities over the value of £25,000, which as a supplier you can register with free of charge.
Free resource for advice on how to bid for public sector contracts: https://www.gov.uk/tendering-for-public-sector-contracts
Please see the Charity's terms and conditions for purchasing goods and services.