Care and Well-being
ExtraCare's dedicated staff team delivers care to residents who need support within their own ExtraCare home.
New Care Service! In Birmingham and Milton Keynes, we can now provide care in your own home in the community. For more information, please visit www.extracareathome.org.uk
Dependent on individual circumstances we can support residents with significant assessed care needs, including dementia.
We are dedicated to improving the health of our residents through our preventative Well-being Service. This award-winning service is available to you whether you need care or not.
Every home and all facilities in each Village or Scheme are fully accessible for wheelchair users.
There are emergency 'pull cords' in every home. Every home is connected to the Care Team, who can respond to emergencies appropriately.
We have an 'holistic approach'. We provide a programme of activities which often inspires residents to learn new skills. Staff and residents work as 'one big team' to ensure all our residents get the best out of life.
Accessing Our Care Services
We will establish your care needs through a care assessment that will be agreed with you. The assessment will involve ExtraCare's qualified staff and your local social services team. Once your social worker has agreed your personal budget we can deliver your care services accordingly.
Once you have been assessed you can access the following services, dependent on your indivdual needs:
- Assistance with getting up and going to bed including support managing the health of your skin.
- Assistance with personal hygiene and continence up to full, assisted bathing.
- Assistance with dressing, ranging from choosing clothes to full support with dressing.
- Assistance with preparing meals through to full assistance with feeding.
- Assistance with medication through to the administration of medicines.
- Assistance with housework including cleaning, bed making, laundry and shopping.
- Assistance with recreation ranging from prompting and encouragement, through to transporting to activities.
- Assistance with transferring from one location to another, through to full hoisting.
- Psychological support such as memory prompting and orientation. This includes specialist support for those with dementia-related conditions through our Enriched Opportunities Programme©.
This list is not exhaustive and care can be tailored to support individual circumstances.
When you access care you can meet with our own specialist benefits advisors. Our specialist advisors can help you to access or update your benefits entitlements, guiding you through the process in complete confidence.
Fashion conscious Joan Spreckley feared she would never walk again when she broke her hip earlier this year. But, just a few months later, the determined 97 year old was back on her feet again, helped by the Well-being Advisor at ExtraCare's Rosewood Court retirement scheme in Wellingborough. She was able to celebrate in style when they took her on a special trip to London Fashion Weekend.
Read more about Joan here!